Vitroclean lasts 50% longer than typical silica sand. Doesn't clump or channel like silica sand – 100% of the filter bed fluidizes for the life of the media. It does not require a special 'recharging' regime, like zeolite products.
Vitroclean installs in any standard sand media filter. No sharp edges or hazardous crystalline silica dust. We recommend the use of Vitroclean Pebble at the bottom of the filter to cover the laterals. This is critical, especially on larger filters to insure proper diffusion and flow.
You will quickly see the difference in water clarity. Vitroclean filters are substantially better than sand or zeolite. DE quality down to 5 microns without the hassle of DE.
Specifically engineered for high performance, high demand applications such as water parks and large institutional pools. Vitroclean Aquatic is certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 50 and is approved for use by all major filter manufacturers.
Made from 100% post-consumer container glass. Using our proprietary milling technology, we remove contaminates to produce a clean, high-quality filter media.
- Recycled Glass Filter Media for Sand Filters
- Replaces #20 Silica Sand and Improves Filtration from about 40 microns to about 5 microns.
- DE Quality filtration in a sand filter
- Lasts 50% longer than silica sand before you need to replace
- Doesn't clump or channel
- 50 Pound Bag
An equal amount of Vitroclean is used as sand. For example; if your filter needs 200 pounds of sand you would replace with 200 pounds of Vitroclean.
- For large quantity orders of 42 or more bags, we can provide custom quotes. Generally, on larger commercial orders significant price reductions will be available.