Sta-Rite is proud to bring you the proven technology of System 2 Modular Media into the world of D.E. With its perfectly balanced flow and integral manifold design, System 2 Modular D.E. filter brings pool filtration to new heights. Modular Media D.E. will bring years of sparkling clear water to your pool or spa. For cleaning, simply remove the filter lid and hose off in place. No more hassle of tearing down the grid assembly for cleaning and servicing. The balanced flow design allows for a constant D.E. cake on the entire module, assuring full optimization of the module and longer cycles between cleanings.
A single replaceable grid delivers water of superior quality without the complex workings of other D.E. filters. This innovative one-piece design is fully backwashable and can be plumbed with or without a backwash valve. 2" union valves are included for installations electing not to use a backwash valve.
Diatomaceous earth, a natural substance, is so fine it traps dirt and debris as small as five microns (1/10 the width of a human hair). That means body oils, suntan lotions, pollens, dust and even some bacteria are trapped in the filter, leaving behind sparkling clear, healthier water.
The System:2 Modular D.E. filter removes dirt particles up to ten times smaller than the particles removed by sand and cartridge filters. Compared to other D.E. filters, the System:2 is far less complicated to service. If you're the do-it-yourself type, you save time. If you leave the maintenance to a pool service, saving time means saving money!
Less maintenance . . .YES! The balanced-flow tank design directs water through both sides of the filter module which increases dirt loading without clogging. Holding more dirt means a longer time between cleanings.
Easy, two-way cleaning - For quick cleaning, simply move the valve lever to the backwash position that's it! For more thorough cleaning, remove the tool-free tank lid and spray-rinse the module while it's still in place. In minutes, it's ready for another season.
- Typical installations - inground pools and inground hot tubs.
- Quality construction - durable two-piece tank housing constructed of rugged ABS thermoplastic to ensure a long-lasting tank life.
- Easy access - Posi-Ring closure provides fast access to tank internals.
- Innovative design - the innovative balanced flow design - first introduced with the System:3 Mod Media filter is now available in the smaller System:2 filter, virtually maintenance-free operation for pools of all sizes.
- A perfect fit - the small diameter footprint makes the System:2 filter a perfect fit for new and retrofit installations.
- Modular filter tanks - allows for quick change of filter medias without changing the tank.
- Brand: Pentair
- Sub Brand: System:2
- Item: Modular D.E. Filter
- Application: For pool and spa (bather) applications
- DE Required: 5.4 lbs.
- Filtration Area: 36 sq.-ft.
- Flow Rate: 36 - 72 gpm (1-2 gpm per sq.-ft.)
- Maximum Continual Operating Pressure: 50 psi
- Maximum Operating Water Temperature Internal Filter: 104 deg. F
- Series: PLDE Series
- Standards Approvals: NSF Listed, ANSI Standard 50 Certified
- Tank Port Size: 2 Inch
- Turnover Capacity: 6 hrs. - 13 - 26000 gal, 8 hrs. - 17 - 35000 gal, 10 hrs. - 22 - 43000 gal